Area Schools Announce Early Closings
As of 2:30 p.m., the college expects to resume classes on Wednesday.
At 2:30 p.m., Tuesday, Joliet Junior College announced the following via its Facebook page.
"All Joliet Junior College campuses and extension centers will close today, Tuesday, Feb. 26, at 4:30 p.m. due to the winter weather. All evening classes, activities, and meetings, including the Board of Trustees meetings, have been canceled."
"As of now, college operations are expected to resume as scheduled on Wednesday. Check for updates at www.jjc.edu, www.emergencyclosingcenter.com, local media outlets, or the JJC Facebook page or Twitter feed."
Other Closings Include
- Shorewood-Troy Public Library will close at 5 p.m., Feb. 26.
- Troy Community Consolidated District 30C has canceled all after-school activities.
- The Morris Daily Herald is reporting that all after-school athletics, activities, and events for this evening have been cancelled in Minooka Community High School Dist. 111 due to the weather. This includes all detentions, practices, competitions, meetings, banquets, and any other scheduled event. Information regarding rescheduled events will be available on the school’s web site and in the announcements.
- Minooka Junior High School is reporting on its Web site that all after school activities and events are canceled.
- Channahon School District 17 announced on its Web site that all after school athletic events and clubs are canceled, including sports awards and athletic awards night.
Patch will update this post as more closures are announced.
Written by Dawn Aulet