Here are our top five picks from a list of 25 by Southern Living:
- Salsa with a twist - Sure, you could make salsa with tomatoes, onions, cilantro and lime, but you probably already have this season. We recommend to give it a new twist. We like the watermelon-peach salsa with tomatoes that we found here.
- Since you already bought the watermelon - make a sorbet. Yes, with tomatoes. Check out the recipe.
- Keep the kitchen cool and cook 'em outside - Fire grilled? That always makes food better. And tomatoes, we are guessing, are no exception.
- A different kind of tomato sandwich - Add an egg and a tasty spread and you have a new twist on an old favorite.
- If all else fails, freeze them. Find directions on how to do so here.