Roundy's, the parent company of Mariano's, has purchased 11 Chicago-area Dominick's locations that were slated to close at the end of December, including the one at 950 Brook Forest Ave.
The 11 Dominick's locations purchased by Roundy's will cost $36 million, according to Crain's Chicago Business.
“This acquisition is transformational in terms of Mariano's expansion plans in the Chicago metropolitan area, allowing us to open 11 additional stores in 2014 in prime locations with great market demographics,” Robert Mariano, chairman, president and CEO of Roundy's, said in a statement.The stores include:
- Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.
- Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
- Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market St.
- Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
- Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
- Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
- Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
- Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
- Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
- Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
— Joseph O'Donnell