.

1 Hurt in Channahon Garage Explosion: Report

Woman, child left homeless in Saturday night blast.

Credit: File photo
Credit: File photo
A woman was hospitalized after a garage exploded at a home in the 24200 block of South Burr Road Saturday night.

The woman and a child were inside the home when the explosion occurred at around 8:45 p.m., according to the Chicago Sun-Times. Both were able to get out of the house, and the woman was taken to Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center for non-life-threatening injuries.

The blast left compromised the structural integrity of the home, leaving it uninhabitable, according to the Sun-Times. The cause of the explosion was not yet know, the paper reported.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »