Will County residents who have their pets spayed or neutered at participating veterinary offices in June can receive a $40 county-sponsored discount.
The discount applies for up to two animals
per household and is exclusively for pet owners who live in Will County. More
than 10,000 pets have been treated since the program originated in 2007.
“I am proud of the partnership between our Animal Control department and the many veterinarians in Will County,” said Will County Executive Larry Walsh. “This is an important service to protect the health of our residents’ pets, and we have worked hard to simplify the process.”
eligible for the $40 discount on a pet’s spay or neuter:
- Pet owners must show proof of residency in Will County;
- Pets must be registered with Will County Animal Control and reside with the owner;
- Proof of current rabies vaccination and Will County registration tag must be provided on the day of surgery;
- Rabies vaccination can be administered on the day of surgery, as well as registration tag purchase;
- Surgery must take place between, June 1 and June 30.
Pet owners should call their veterinary office and confirm that the facility is participating.
Will County Animal Control is under the County Executive’s office and is led by
Dr. L.P Schild. For additional
information about this program, call (815) 724-1521.