The Lions Club announced the February Students of the Month.
The students from Troy 30C W.B. Orenic Intermediate, Troy Middle School and were selected on the basis of consistent effort, productive citizenship, positive attitude, and participation in class or advisory team.
The students were honored and received their awards during the Troy 30 C School Board meeting on March 21.
The following students were selected:
- W.B. Orenic Intermediate School sixth-grader Amanda Moldovan, daughter of Richard and Patricia Moldovan
- W.B. Orenic Intermediate School sixth-grader David Sandoval, son of Martin and Guillermina Sandoval
- W.B. Orenic Intermediate School sixth-grader Carlos Vasquez, son of Gabriel and Sandra Vasquez
- W.B. Orenic Intermediate School sixth-grader Andrea Torres, daughter of Rebecca Meehan
- Troy Middle School seventh-grader Gloria Choate, daughter of John and Regina Choate
- Troy Middle School seventh-grader Hector Ortiz, son of Hector and Rose Ortiz
- Troy Middle School seventh-grader Dylan Heyduk, son of Gary and Denise Heyduk
- Troy Middle School eighth-grader Mason Messina, son of Christopher and Erika Messina
- Troy Middle School eighth-grader Abigail Hammond, daughter of Allan and Nancy Hammond
- Troy Middle School eighth-grader Alexis Smith, daughter of Ms.Jamie Smith and Mr. Craig Smith
- ACA/AMA Isabella Sadler daughter of Dannniel and Penny Sadler
In addition to certificates from both sponsors, the students received awards from the following merchants Sony’s Delite, Babe's Hot Dogs, McDonalds, , , Cemeno’s Pizza and .
In addition to the Student of The Month program, the Shorewood Lions Club helps any needy person in who has a sight or hearing problem get glasses, hearing aids and other related equiptment including seeing eye dogs. They will also help any sight or hearing impaired children sign up for Camp Lions in the summer.
For more information, contact Jim McDonald at 815-725-0473 or Dimac13@comcast.net.